1. What is Charis Distance Education?
- Charis Distance Education is a way to attend the Charis Bible College first-year program from anywhere. Experience the same classes taught by the same instructors as the main campus in Woodland Park, Colorado, without relocating.
2. How do I get started?
- Follow the Online Academic Track, which is one of the simplest and most affordable ways to complete the Charis Bible College first-year program or create your own custom track with individual Online or Correspondence courses and/or course bundles. You may also take individual courses and/or course bundles for personal study.
- The Course List provides a list of core and elective courses in recommended order.
- Select your first course or course bundle and enroll.
3. Is this only for people going into ministry?
- No. It is excellent ministry training; however, it is also for anyone who wants to better understand God’s Word or grow in their relationship with God.
4. Must I commit to taking all the courses in the program, or can I take only those I want?
- Through the Distance Education program, you may take as many or as few courses as you want.
5. Are classes conducted live?
- No. Classes are pre-recorded and accessed through the Online campus platform or delivered in the mail.
6. What can I expect in my course?
- Each course is comprised of eight 40 to 50-minute lectures, a course outline, and an exam. Interactive courses also include a discussion component after each lesson and a course survey.
7. How long does it take to complete the first-year program?
- There is no time limit to complete the 39 courses that make up the first-year program. You may set your pace of progress to match your goals, budget, and schedule
- To finish in 10 months: Purchase and complete 4 courses every month (12-16 hours/week of study needed)
- To finish in 20 months: Purchase and complete 2 courses every month (6-8 hours/week of study needed)
- To finish in 30 months: Purchase and complete 1 courses every month (3-4 hours/week of study needed)
- Custom Pace: You may also set a slower, faster, or more random pace to complete the first-year program or take courses at any time for personal study.
8. Are courses available in languages other than English?
- At this time, Healing by Barry Bennett is available in Spanish on DVD only. All other courses are available only in English.
9. Will Charis send me books or videos in the mail?
- Self-Paced Correspondence course material will be mailed to you. For Online courses, materials are delivered to you through the Online campus platform.
10. Do I have to submit an application and fee to join Charis Distance Education?
- No. There is no fee or application needed to join Charis Distance Education. Once you purchase your first course, you are enrolled as a student!
11. Can I take a mix of Correspondence and Online courses?
- Yes. The course content is the same for Correspondence and Online courses, and you may combine courses from all the Distance Education formats towards completion of the first-year program.
12. What happens after I complete all 39 courses?
- Once you have completed all 39 courses, please contact us and we will send you a Certificate of Completion for the first-year program.
Online Academic Track
1. Do I need to take the academic track’s 3-course bundles in a specific order?
- You may take the 3-course bundles in any order; however, we recommend you begin with bundle #1 and continue with the remaining core bundles in numerical order. Then select any four elective bundles from bundles 10-15 or choose a mix of individual elective courses to complete the first-year program.
2. How much time do I have to complete the courses included in the 3-course bundles?
- The Interactive courses in the 3-course bundles need to be completed within their five-week Interactive term cycle. Self-Paced courses included in the 3-course bundles may be completed before, during, or after the 5-week Interactive term cycle, but must be completed within 12 months of enrollment.
- When enrolling in a 3-course bundle, a sample study schedule is available on the ‘Bundle Details’ tab to help you plan your study time for the three courses included in the bundle.
3. How will I know when the 3-course bundles are available for enrollment?
- The Availability Schedule — Online Interactive shows when each 3-course bundle is available.
4. How do I transition to the academic track if I’ve already completed some of the first-year courses?
- You can enroll in the 3-course bundles where you still need to complete all the courses included in the bundle. If you’ve previously enrolled in one or two of the courses in a bundle, enroll in the remaining course(s) individually.
5. What is the difference between the academic track’s 3-course bundles and the build your own bundle?
- The academic track has the first-year program arranged in easy-to-follow 3-course bundles. Each bundle includes three pre-selected courses in a set mix of Interactive and Self-Paced formats and offers one of the lowest per-course tuition options.
- The build your own bundle allows you to enroll in any two (or more) Interactive courses at the same time in the same term and receive a bundle discount of $10 per Interactive course.
6. How will I know when my Interactive course(s) begins?
- The Availability Schedule — Online Interactive shows the course start and end dates for Interactive courses. You will also receive an email with additional information a few days before your Interactive course(s) is scheduled to begin.
7. Can I switch one of the courses in a 3-course bundle to a different course or can I change a course from the Self-Paced format to an Interactive format?
- Each bundle includes pre-selected courses in a mix of Interactive and Self-Paced formats; therefore, course and course format changes cannot be made.
8. Can I take individual courses instead of the 3-course bundles?
- Yes, you may choose to take courses individually.
9. What if I want to only take Interactive courses or only Self-Paced courses?
- Enrolling in individual courses gives you the most flexibility in choosing your preferred course format. The 3-course bundles are a set mix of course formats and cannot be changed.
10. What if I want to withdraw from just one of the courses in a bundle?
- The withdrawal and refund policies for course bundles are available on the Terms of Service (TOS) and Policies webpage.
1. How much time will each Interactive Online course take?
- A single Interactive course will take approximately 2 to 4 hours each week for the first 4 weeks of the term. This includes two 40 to 50-minute lectures, participation in the discussions, and time for review and study. The 5th and final week of the term is for the exam.
2. Do I need to log in to my course and participate at a fixed time?
- No. Once the term begins, you and your classmates are assigned two lesson per week to be completed at your convenience any time during that week.
3. When does the next Interactive term begin?
- New Interactive terms start every 6 to 8 weeks continuously throughout the year. Please see the Interactive Academic Calendar for specific term dates.
4. Are lesson discussions conducted live?
- No. The lesson discussions are conducted in an online discussion board dedicated to your class. Discussions are available for you to read and respond to any time during the lesson week.
5. Who are the Facilitators in our Interactive Online courses?
- Facilitators are mature believers who are well established in God’s Word. Many have served at a Charis Bible College campus as director or staff member or within Andrew Wommack Ministries.
6. Once I have enrolled where do I login? How do I get started?
- Before your lessons start, you will receive an email with all the instructions needed to log in and get started. Typically, you will receive this email by the Friday before the term’s starting date. You can log in by going to charisbiblecollege.desire2learn.com and entering the username you were assigned and the password you created when you enrolled.
7. What Internet browser should I use for Online courses?
- Please see our Browser Recommendations.
8. How long will I have access to my course?
- You will have access to your course through the Online platform for 12 months from the term’s start date. You may download the course lectures and outlines to your computer or auxiliary hard drive any time within the 12-month period and keep them forever.
1. Do I need to do my lessons at a fixed time?
- No. You may start your course immediately after enrolling and complete it at your convenience 24/7. You have 12 months to complete your course.
2. Once I have enrolled, where do I log in? How do I get started?
- You can log in by going to charisbiblecollege.desire2learn.com and entering the username you were assigned and the password you created when you enrolled.
3. What Internet browser should I use for Online courses?
- Please see our Browser Recommendations.
4. How long will I have access to my course?
- You will have access to your course through the Online platform for 12 months from the enrollment date. You may download the course lectures and outlines to your computer or auxiliary hard drive any time within the 12-month period and keep them forever.
1. What is the difference between Online Self-Paced and Correspondence Self-Paced?
- The course material is exactly the same. The method of delivery and access to the course materials is the main difference. Correspondence materials are delivered through the mail while the Online course materials are accessed through the Charis Online platform.
2. Once I receive my materials in the mail, how do I get started?
- Each course is comprised of eight 40 -50-minute lessons. Listen to the lesson, follow along, and take notes with the course syllabus. In this self-paced format, you progress through each of the 8 lessons at your own pace.
3. How are the exams administered?
- Once you’ve finished the 8 lessons, complete the exam and mail the answer sheet to Charis Bible College Distance Education. For students located in the United States, allow up to 30 days for your graded exam to be returned in the mail. International mail may take longer. It is recommended you keep all graded exams for your records. You do not need to wait for your exam to be returned before you begin your next course.
4. How long do I have to finish my course?
- There is no time limit for completing your Self-Paced Correspondence courses. You may take a break from your courses and return at any time without having to reactivate your student status.
5. I’ve not taken any courses for several years. Do I need to start over?
- No. Your grades stay in our system until you continue at a later date.