1. What is Charis Distance Education?
- Charis Distance Education is a way to attend the Charis Bible College First-Year Program from anywhere. Experience the same classes taught by the same instructors as the main campus in Woodland Park, Colorado, without relocating.
2. How do I complete my First-Year courses?
- Follow the Online Academic Track 3-course bundles, which is one of the simplest and most affordable ways to complete the Charis Bible College First-Year Program or create your own custom track with individual Online or Correspondence courses and/or course bundles.
- The Course List provides a list of core and elective courses in recommended order.
- Select your first course or course bundle and enroll.
3. Is this only for people going into ministry?
- No. It is excellent ministry training; however, it is also for anyone who wants to better understand God’s Word or grow in their relationship with God.
4. Are classes conducted live?
- No. Classes are pre-recorded and accessed through the Online campus platform or delivered in the mail.
5. What can I expect in my course?
- Each course is comprised of eight 40- to 50-minute lectures, a course outline, and an exam. Interactive courses also include a discussion component after each lesson and a course survey.
6. Are Distance Education courses available in languages other than English?
- No. At this time, Healing, or La Sanidad, by Barry Bennett is available in Spanish on USB and DVD. All other courses are available only in English.
7. Will Charis send me books or videos in the mail?
- Correspondence course material will be mailed to you. For Online courses, all materials are delivered to you through the Online campus platform.
8. Can I take a mix of Correspondence and Online courses?
- Yes. The course content is the same for Correspondence and Online courses, and you may combine courses from Online and Correspondence towards the completion of the First-Year Program.
9. What happens after I complete all 39 courses?
- Once you have completed all 39 courses, please fill out a Transcript Request and we will send you a Certificate of Promotion for the First-Year Program.
10. Can I take all my Online courses as Interactive only or Self-Paced only?
- Should you choose to take individual courses, all courses are available in the Self-Paced format but not all courses are available in the Interactive course format
11. What Internet browser should I use for Online courses?
- Please see our Browser Recommendations.
Online Academic Track
1. Do I need to take the Academic Track’s 3-course bundles in a specific order?
- When following the Online Academic Track, we strongly recommend completing the core course bundle numbers 1-10 in numerical order and completing the required 9 elective courses by choosing from elective bundle numbers 11-13 and/or individual elective courses.
2. How much time do I have to complete the courses included in the 3-course bundles?
- The Interactive courses in the 3-course bundles need to be completed within their five-week Interactive term cycle. Self-Paced courses included in the 3-course bundles may be completed before, during, or after the 5-week Interactive term cycle, but must be completed within 12 months of enrollment.
- When enrolling in a 3-course bundle, a sample study schedule is available on the ‘Bundle Details’ tab to help you plan your study time for the three courses included in the bundle.
3. How will I know when the 3-course bundles are available for enrollment?
- The Availability Schedule — Online Interactive shows when each 3-course bundle is available.
4. How do I transition to the Academic Track if I’ve already completed some of the First-Year courses?
- You can enroll in the 3-course bundles where you still need to complete all the courses included in the bundle. If you’ve previously enrolled in one or two of the courses in a bundle, enroll in the remaining course(s) individually.
5. What is the difference between the Academic Track 3-course bundles and the Build Your Own Bundle?
- The Academic Track has the First-Year Program arranged in easy-to-follow 3-course bundles. Each bundle includes three pre-selected courses in a set mix of Interactive and Self-Paced formats and offers one of the lowest per-course tuition options.
- The Build Your Own Bundle allows you to enroll in any two (or more) Interactive courses at the same time in the same Interactive term and receive a bundle discount of $10 per Interactive course.
6. How will I know when my Interactive course(s) begins?
- The Availability Schedule — Online Interactive shows the course start and end dates for Interactive courses. You will also receive an email with additional information a few days before your Interactive course(s) is scheduled to begin.
7. Can I switch one of the courses in a 3-course bundle to a different course, or can I change a course from the Self-Paced format to an Interactive format?
- No. Each bundle includes pre-selected courses in a mix of Interactive and Self-Paced formats; therefore, course and course format changes cannot be made.
8. Can I take individual courses instead of the 3-course bundles?
- Yes, you may choose to take courses individually.
9. What if I want to withdraw from just one of the courses in a bundle?
- The withdrawal and refund policies for course bundles are available on the Terms of Service (TOS) and Policies webpage.
1. How much time will each Interactive Online course take?
- A single Interactive course will take approximately 2 to 4 hours each week for the first 4 weeks of the term. This includes two 40- to 50-minute lectures, participation in the discussions, and time for review and study. The 5th and final week of the term is for the exam.
2. Do I need to log in to my course and participate at a specific time?
- No. Once the term begins, you and your classmates are assigned two lessons per week to be completed at your convenience any time during that week.
3. When does the next Interactive term begin?
- New Interactive terms start every 6 to 8 weeks continuously throughout the year. Please see the Interactive Academic Calendar for specific term dates.
4. Are lesson discussions conducted live?
- No. The lesson discussions are conducted in an online discussion board dedicated to your class.
5. Who are the Facilitators in our Interactive Online courses?
- Facilitators are mature believers who are well established in God’s Word. Many have served as Director or staff of a Charis Bible College campus or staff within Andrew Wommack Ministries.
6. Once I have enrolled, where do I log in? How do I get started?
- Before your lessons start, you will receive an email with all the instructions needed to log in and get started. Typically, you will receive this email by the Saturday before the term’s starting date. You can log in by going to charisbiblecollege.desire2learn.com and entering the username you were assigned and the password you created when you enrolled.
7. How long will I have access to my Interactive course?
- You will have access to your course through the Online platform for 12 months from the term’s end date. You may download the course lectures and outlines any time within the 12-month period and keep them forever.
1. Do I need to take my lessons at a specific time?
- No. You may start your course at any time after enrolling and complete it at your convenience 24/7. You have 12 months from enrollment to complete your course.
2. Once I have enrolled, where do I log in? How do I get started?
- You can log in by going to charisbiblecollege.desire2learn.com and entering the username you were assigned and the password you created when you enrolled.
3. How long will I have access to my course?
- You will have access to your course through the Online platform for 12 months from the enrollment date. You may download the course lectures and outlines any time within the 12-month period and keep them forever.
1. What is the difference between Online Self-Paced courses and Correspondence courses?
- The course materials are exactly the same. The method of delivery and access to the course materials is the main difference. Correspondence materials are delivered through the mail while the Online course materials are accessed through the Charis Online platform.
2. Once I receive my materials in the mail, how do I get started?
- Each course is comprised of eight 40- to 50-minute lessons. Listen to the lesson and follow along and take notes with the course outline. In this self-paced format, you progress through each of the 8 lessons at your own pace.
3. How are the exams administered?
- Once you have finished the 8 lessons, complete the exam, and mail the answer sheet to Charis Bible College Distance Education. For students located in the United States, allow up to 30 days for your graded exam to be returned in the mail. International mail may take longer. It is recommended you keep all graded exams for your records. You do not need to wait for your exam to be returned before you begin your next course.