TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS) and POLICIES
TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS)
By enrolling in courses, I am accepting the Charis Distance Education Terms of Service and Policies which include that I:
- understand that Charis Bible College follows this Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Statement.
- understand that faithfulness and integrity are important for success as a student at Charis and will view the lessons, complete assignments, and adhere to the instructions for taking the exam in my courses.
- understand that for my own privacy and security, Charis encourages me to not share information that others could use to harm me, including information that would allow others to physically locate or contact me outside any Charis Distance Education system. Charis strongly encourages me to limit my contact with other users to the communication channels provided within the Charis Distance Education system. Charis is not responsible for any consequences that may result from contact with other users outside this system.
- will not reproduce any content for the purposes of reselling or charging any fee for the content. I will not reproduce any content for the purposes of editing with the intent of distributing the edited content.
- will use my access to other Charis Distance Education users only for class activities organized by Charis. Unless otherwise authorized by Charis in writing I will NOT use any communication methods available through Charis Distance Education, (including email addresses) to solicit Charis staff or other students for:
- business purposes or
- involvement in ministry activities outside of Charis/AWMI or
- collection of funds for any purposes, including ministry offerings.
- accept that Charis reserves the right to delete content, temporarily suspend, or permanently terminate user access to Distance Education courses and activities if Charis, at its sole discretion, believes the terms or spirit of this agreement have been violated.
- accept that Charis reserves the right to make changes to any aspect of the Charis Distance Education program and Terms of Service with or without notice.
- accept that Charis reserves the right to close, cancel, or reschedule courses at its sole discretion. If Charis changes the availability of a course for which a student has already paid, the student will be eligible for a refund for that course.
- certify that all information provided in this course enrollment is truthful and complete.
Online Interactive Courses:
- verify that I am at least 18 years old for Online Interactive courses only (there is NO minimum age requirement for taking Self-Paced Online or Correspondence courses).
- accept that Interactive courses are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment limits. If the enrollment minimum is not met by the enrollment deadline for a course, that course may be canceled for that term. If enrollment for a course reaches the maximum limit for a term, it may be closed to additional students for that term. In most cases, students will have the opportunity to reschedule that class for a future term or, possibly, schedule a different course in the same term.
Reporting Violations of these Terms of Service:
Thank you for honoring these Terms of Service. This is your college community. Help us make it strong, vibrant and enjoyable for all members. If you see anything that violates the Terms of Service, please report it to DistanceEd@charisbiblecollege.org for review.
These Terms of Service (TOS) are subject to change without notice.
Before withdrawing from an Online course, please review the Withdrawal and Refund Policies. students cannot withdraw from a Correspondence course.
To withdraw from a course, you must notify the Distance Education department via email or postal mail. The withdrawal request date for email is the date generated by the receiving email and the postmark date for postal mail. Please include your name and the course title(s) in your request. Refunds will be sent within 20 business days after the written withdrawal request is received.
If you feel the need to withdraw from a course because of time demands, first consider whether you are spending an appropriate amount of time on the course. Depending on the depth of study, it’s estimated to take a total of 10 to 12 hours to complete a course and you may download the course material for future reference and study.
There are no academic penalties for withdrawing from a course at any time. If you withdraw and then enroll in the course again later, you will simply start at the beginning with a clear academic record.
Online Interactive Course(s)
- Up to one week before lessons start – 100% refund
- Up to the end of the first week (7 calendar days) of class – 80% refund
- Up to the end of the second week (14 calendar days) of class – 50% refund
- After the end of the second week of class no refunds will be granted.
- Each interactive course-week starts on Monday 12am (Mountain time) and ends on the following Monday at 12am.
Online Self-Paced Course(s)
Self-Paced course tuition is refundable at 100% within one week of enrollment if no more than one lesson of the course material has been accessed. If more than one lesson has been accessed, no refund will be granted.
Online Course Bundle(s)
When withdrawing from a course(s) that was included in a bundle, the course(s) that remains from the original bundle will revert to the individual course price. If two or more Interactive courses remain, those courses will revert to the Build Your Own Bundle per course price ($10/course savings). The amount refunded will be the difference of the original bundle price and the individual course price, or the Build Your Own Bundle price, for the remaining course(s).
The refund policies in place for Interactive and Self-Paced courses are applicable to courses included in a bundle.
Note: Pre-set course bundles are a predetermined mix of courses and course formats and may not be changed to another course or course format. Previously purchased courses that are included in a pre-set bundle of courses are not eligible for refund or exchange.
If you need to withdraw from a course(s) in the Build Your Own Bundle, substitutions are only allowed with other Interactive courses and are subject to the Interactive course refund policy.
Other Online Bundles – Refund options are limited for other course bundles. Please contact us here for details.
Correspondence USB and DVD Courses
Correspondence courses are eligible for refund if returned within 60 days from the date of purchase. The full purchase price, minus any shipping listed on the original receipt, will be refunded. Refunds are processed after the item(s) is returned in original condition along with the student’s contact information and refund request. The student is responsible for return shipping costs.
- Mail all returns to:
- Charis Bible College – ATTN: Returns
- 800 Gospel Truth Way
- Woodland Park, CO 80863
- Damaged or Defective Correspondence Material
- Correspondence course material that is received as damaged or defective will be replaced at no cost. In some circumstances, Charis may ask that the defective or damaged product be returned. In those cases, Charis will pay return shipping costs. To initiate a replacement claim, please email email@example.com or call Charis Bible College at 719-635-6029
Enrollment and Re-Instatement Fees
There are currently no enrollment or re-instatement fees in effect for Distance Education students; however, Charis Bible College reserves the right to implement fees, as it deems necessary, in the future.
At such time, an enrollment fee may be charged when a student enrolls in their first Distance Education course. If a student has not enrolled in a course or completed an exam within an 18-week period, their status may be changed to inactive. If they want to resume taking courses, a re-instatement fee may be charged to return them to an active status.
For the convenience of international students, an estimated price in the local currency is now displayed. These are only estimates. The listed price in U.S. Dollars is what will be charged, and the actual conversion rate will be determined by the bank that issued the credit/debit card that is used.
Access to Past Online Courses
You will have access to your online course material through the Online Campus site for a full year from the date of enrollment. During that time, you may download and save the course video and audio files and course outline to any device that you’d like. Since the Online Campus site course-access expires, we recommend backing up your files as a safeguard against damage or loss.
These Policies are subject to change without notice.