ABOUT CHARIS DISTANCE EDUCATION
The Charis Bible College first-year courses can be completed online or by correspondence with Charis Distance Education.
Students experience the transforming power of the Word of God as their hearts are established in these key areas:
- God’s love for you
- Your spiritual makeup
- How God sees you
- Your identity in Christ
- The true nature of God
- Your spiritual authority
Distance Education Overview
- Take courses from anywhere in the world.
- Enjoy a flexible study schedule.
- Each course includes eight pre-recorded lessons (40-50 minutes in length), course outline, and a final exam.
- Listen to the lesson, follow along and take notes in the course outline, pause, rewind, and listen as much as you’d like.
- Move freely among all Distance Education course formats:
- There is no application or application fee. Simply enroll in your course and begin.
- Keep the course material to enjoy for a lifetime.
By completing enrollment, you are agreeing to the Charis Distance Education Terms of Service (TOS) and Policies.
Students must successfully complete all 27 core courses and any 12 elective courses included in the Distance Education first-year program
The Distance Education Course List includes a list of all available core and elective courses in recommended course order.
A course is considered complete if a final grade of 70% or greater is received.
Previously completed but discontinued Charis courses may still count for course credit. Please contact us for details.
After completing the first-year program, receive a Certificate of Completion and be eligible to apply to a campus for the second-year program.
Completion requirements are subject to change without notice.
To complete the first-year program, students may follow the Online Academic Track, or create their own completion plan with individual courses and/or course bundles. Individual courses and/or course bundles may also be completed for personal study.
Set your pace of progress to match your goals, budget, and schedule.
- To finish in 10 months: Complete 4 courses every month (12-16 hours/week of study needed)
- To finish in 20 months: Complete 2 courses every month (6-8 hours/week of study needed)
- To finish in 30 months: Complete 1 courses every month (3-4 hours/week of study needed)
- Custom Pace: You may also set a slower, faster, or more random pace to complete the first-year program or take courses at any time for personal study.
Transcript and Certificate of Completion
To ensure you have completed all 39 required courses, please compare the courses you have taken with the Course List. Then, use the Distance Education Transcript Request Form to request a final transcript and Certificate of Completion. Once the successful completion of all required courses is confirmed, your final transcript will be emailed to you, and your Certificate of Completion will be mailed to the address provided.
Note: If you are unsure of the courses you have taken, you may request a transcript to initially compare to the Course List.
Please contact us at Charis Distance Education if you have any questions.
Apply to a Campus for Second Year
As soon as possible, contact the campus where you will be applying for the second-year program. The campus will provide their admission requirements, due dates, and answer any questions you may have.
Note: The campus admission process can begin before completing your first-year courses.
Click here for campus locations and contact information. The Distance Education department will send a copy of your final transcript and Certificate of Completion to the campus indicated on the Distance Education Transcript Request Form.