ABOUT CHARIS DISTANCE EDUCATION
The Charis Bible College first-year courses can be completed online or by correspondence with Charis Distance Education.
Students experience the transforming power of the Word of God as their hearts are established in these key areas:
- God’s love for you
- Your spiritual makeup
- How God sees you
- Your identity in Christ
- The true nature of God
- Your spiritual authority
Distance Education Overview
- Take courses from anywhere in the world.
- Enjoy a flexible study schedule.
- Each course includes eight pre-recorded lessons (40-50 minutes in length), course outline, and a final exam.
- Listen to the lesson, follow along and take notes in the course outline, pause, rewind, and listen as much as you’d like.
- Move freely among all Distance Education course formats:
- There is no application or application fee. Simply enroll in your course and begin.
- Keep the course material to enjoy for a lifetime.
By completing enrollment, you are agreeing to the Charis Distance Education Terms of Service (TOS) and Policies.
Students must successfully complete all 30 core courses and any 9 elective courses included in the Distance Education first-year program
The Distance Education Course List includes a list of all available core and elective courses in recommended course order.
A course is considered complete if a final grade of 70% or greater is received.
Previously completed but discontinued Charis courses may still count for course credit. Please contact us for details.
After completing the first-year program, students are eligible to apply to a campus for the second-year program.
Completion requirements are subject to change without notice.
To complete the first-year program, students may follow the Online Academic Track, or create their own completion plan with individual courses and/or course bundles. Individual courses and/or course bundles may also be completed for personal study.
Set your pace of progress to match your goals, budget, and schedule.
- To finish in 10 months: Complete 4 courses every month (12-16 hours/week of study needed)
- To finish in 20 months: Complete 2 courses every month (6-8 hours/week of study needed)
- To finish in 30 months: Complete 1 courses every month (3-4 hours/week of study needed)
- Custom Pace: You may also set a slower, faster, or more random pace to complete the first-year program or take courses at any time for personal study.
Please compare the courses you have completed with the Distance Education Course List. You are required to complete all 30 Core courses and 9 Electives. Once you have successfully completed all 39 first-year courses, please use the Distance Education Transcript Request Form to request a transcript. Your transcript will be emailed to you within three business days.
Please contact us at Charis Distance Education if you have any questions.
Certificate of Promotion
Once you have successfully completed all 39 first-year courses and have requested a transcript, a Certificate of Promotion will be mailed to you. This will be required for admission to the second-year program at one of our campuses.
Apply to a Campus for Second Year
As soon as possible, contact one of our campus locations to apply for the second-year program. The campus will provide their admission requirements, due dates, and answer any questions you may have.
Note: The campus admission process can begin before completing your first-year courses.
Click here for a list of campus locations and contact information. The Distance Education department will send a copy of your first-year transcript to the campus indicated on the Distance Education Transcript Request Form.